The English Department is pleased to announce changes to the admissions requirements and funding structure of its PhD program:
- For students admitted who hold a BA, we now offer a six-year fellowship package that includes a tuition waiver and an initial stipend of $23,140 (we continue to offer a five-year fellowship package to students admitted who hold an MA).
- Additional years of funding are available through our competitive distinguished fellowships (up to $30,450).
- Many of our own recent PhDs receive postdoctoral fellowships at Fordham.
- We no longer require the GRE Subject Test in Literature for admission to any graduate program.
- We no longer require an MA for admission into the PhD program.
Please see the graduate program page for more information.