Location: New York City, New York (US)
Category: Digital Media, Editorial & Journalism
Freelance, Part Time
Salary Description: Hourly (commensurate with experience)
Travel Savvy is a travel website that provides more “hidden gems” type content that we get from local experts. We find out where to eat, drink, shop, hike, get the best coffee, and more for cities across the world. We have a focus on video, but have recently relaunched with slideshow content to increase the information for readers and be able to react to current events quicker we can with video.
We are looking for a Travel Editor with an interest in travel, restaurants, shopping, and other things to do around the US and around the world.
The ideal candidate can turn around well-written copy, propose new ideas for content, and have strong interest in social media.
- Write and edit travel lists
- Work with team on social media posts that drive traffic to the site content and other posts that are just engaging to build our audience
- Identify travel bloggers, food bloggers, local/neighborhood celebrities, and other potential contributors/partners
- Degree (or going to school for) journalism, communications, or media
- Creative writer with interest in travel
- Strong interest in social media and personally following travel instagrammers, food bloggers, and other travel media companies
Apply through Fordham Career Services. This job is listed as JOB ID # 68343 on the CareerLink website.